PRM (Professional Risk Managers) refers to persons who have passed a year`s of exams conducted by PRMIA (Professional Risk Managers International Association) and should have the necessary qualifications to proved that they have the necessary knowledge to measure professional risk. Financial or non-financial institutions, quantify and analyze them.
Nowadays, many large organizations want professionals who have such qualifications and can effectively analyze and manage these risks. PRM designation is one of the certificates sought by major financial organizations. Professionals who have won this title have been recruited and placed in the best organizations in the financial industry with the best salary scale.
About the PRM exam
Professional Risk Managers (PRM) are managed by the International Professional Risk Managers Association (PRMIA Exams) Association. They provide professional services to help you meet your professional needs from basic to the highest level of risk management.
Portfolio Credit Risk Analyst, Business Risk Manager, Risk Consultant, Operational Risk Analyst, Credit Risk Manager. Keep in mind that if you want to look at the work of investment banking or Equity Research, then PRM is not the right exam for you.
The PRM plan includes four exams (Exam I, Exam II, Exam III and Exam IV)
PRM exam date
You can show up at any time of the year to take the PRM exam. PRM exams are provided regularly throughout the year.
Programming window test window
- January 1 to March 15, 2019 February 18 to March 15, 2019
- March 16 to June 21, 2019 May 27 to June 21, 2019
- June 22 to September 13, 2019 August 19 to September 13, 2019
- September 14 to December 20, 2019 November 18 to December 20, 2019
- January 1 to March 13, 2020 February 17 to March 13, 2020
- March 14, 2020 to June 19, 2020 May 25 to June 19, 2020
- June 20 to September 11, 2020 August 17 to September 11, 2020
- September 12 to December 18, 2020 November 16 to December 18, 2020
This is the time period during which you can contact Pearson VUE and set the test date.
You can take the exam these days.
To get PRM designation, you must pass all four exams. You can complete all exams in one day, or you can complete all exams in four separate modules. These exams can be performed in any order, up to two years. You must pass at least 60% of the correct answers to pass each exam. You can retake any failed exams, but you must wait 60 days from the date of the failed exam.
- You must be a member of PRMIA.
- Must meet minimum experience requirements, which include:
- 4 years if there is no degree
- Undergraduate 2 years
- If holders of graduate schools (ie MBA, MSF, MQF, etc.) or other recognized professional names (CFA, CAIA, CQF, etc.), there is no experience requirement
This is good news for those who must follow the PRM after becoming a holder of the CFA Charter. The PRM program recognizes CFA charter holders and quasi-PRM certificate holders, and provides partial credit to meet the PRM specified requirements. Therefore, if you are a CFA charter holder or have a certificate associated with PRM, you can directly request exams III and IV Obtain the PRM name.
Exemption: University certification
If you have completed a graduate degree through the PRMIA University Certification Program, then you can also be exempted from PRM Exam I and Exam II, and you can directly take Exam III and IV to obtain the certification certificate. PRM.
Plan completion criteria
You must pass all four exams, you must be a member of PRMIA, and you must meet the minimum experience requirements. You can take the exam in any order for up to two years.
Suggested study time
If you take the PRM exam, you must provide at least 100-150 hours to prepare for exams I, II and III.
For Level IV exam, you need at least 50 hours of preparation, of which you must spend 70% of your time reading various case studies and 30% of your time for exam practice.
Why take the PRM exam?
You may wonder whether PRM is really worth the effort, time and money. And you must have a good idea about this, you can quickly compare your investment projects, and finally get a return after the program ends. Below, I have listed the main reasons why you should follow PRM:
PRM scholarship opportunities
PRMIA provides scholarship opportunities to members of low-income groups to support their risk management research. Today, due to scholarship exams, many low-income applicants have also appeared PRM titles. To qualify for the PRMIA Institute scholarship, please do the following:
- Member’s annual income must be less than US$25,000
- Members should not repay their professional development fees by third parties.
- Members can apply for scholarship discounts when registering for the exam.